If you have any problems registering as a volunteer,
please call Sports Connect Support at 866- 672-1067.
How to register as a new adult volunteer in Sports Connect
- Go to your Region’s Sports Connect portal and click on Register Now.
- Enter your own email address
- Create your own username
- Create a password
- Click on Create Account
- Fill in the Account Holder 1: Primary Parent/Guardian Information as “yourself” then, click Continue
- Select the middle circle “I am a coach or other team personnel”
- Select the program that applies to the season and your volunteer role (these may appear different for your specific region) then, click View Available Positions.
- Scroll through to find your preferred division and volunteer position and click Sign Up then scroll down to bottom of page and click If you are volunteering for multiple divisions and positions, you can select them all now to complete at once.
- Your name should be selected by default since you are signing up yourself so, click Continue.
- Fill out all the required information on your volunteer application, then, check the ‘I accept’ box and click Continue.
- Click on Click Here to eSign Form.
- Scroll down to bottom of page, check off the first box and circle, consenting to e-sign and being an adult then type in your legal name. The date will auto-populate once you click Continue to review at bottom of page.
- Review the information then click Submit signed volunteer application at bottom of page.
- Now, click Start Background Check Process to begin submission of your required background check in Sterling Volunteers.
- You are now in Sterling Volunteers. Enter the same email address, Date of Birth and Zip Code used during your volunteer registration then, click Continue.
- Your information should now be validated. Create a username and password to continue submitting your background check and to log back into Sterling for future uses then, click Create Account. (You may want to use the same username and password you used for your Sports Connect account for easy remembering but, it’s your preference)
- Now begin Step 1 of the 4-step background check by filling out the required information, matching what you entered on your volunteer application then, click Continue at the bottom of the page.
- Step 2 of 4 – Fill in the required address information then, click Continue.
- Step 3 of 4 – Check off the 4 boxes and enter your First Name and Last Name then, click Continue.
- Step 3 of 4 (cont.) – Answer the self-disclosure question with the same answer used on the registration application then, click Continue.
- Step 4 of 4 – Confirm personal info is correct then, check the box “The Information above is correct” or click Go Back & Edit. If your region is paying for volunteer background checks, you will be given the option to contribute up to $25.00 or you may choose “Not at the time”. It may look like you are required to pay $25.00 but it is optional. Please review the screen carefully.
- Congrats! You have successfully submitted your background check order.
Once you register as a volunteer you will need to access AYSOU from your Region web portal to access the online trainings. You will be able to take AYSO Safe Haven, CDC Concussion, and other trainings using AYSOU.
Here is how to access AYSOU:
- Log into your Region’s portal
- Navigate to the HOME page
- Click on AYSOU
- Click on Online Courses in the tool bar – both courses are listed at the top
- After you complete those two courses, if you scroll down you will find the following other courses by discipline that you can take
If you have any problems registering as a volunteer, please call Sports Connect Support at 866- 672-1067.