The purpose of the AYSO ALLIANCE program is to support the AYSO player development pathway to the highest levels of play. It is an integral part of the AYSO Club program’s potential progression to AYSO United. To align with the AYSO player pathway, EXTRA should be utilized first, where a successful program is available. The Alliance program is primarily intended to be a volunteer run program that allows for paid trainers.
Each AYSO ALLIANCE program will operate in the best interest of the local Area and Regions with an emphasis on the player pathway and creating a positive learning environment for our players and coaches. The program will serve as an entry point for players into external competition circuits.
AYSO ALLIANCE teams are composed of players registered within AYSO, while also registered with US Youth Soccer or US Club Soccer. AYSO ALLIANCE teams, coaches and players have all the advantages of being part of AYSO and playing in external gaming circuits.
AYSO ALLIANCE teams consist of players who are selected through open tryouts and who want to play at a more competitive level within AYSO. AYSO ALLIANCE teams represent the National Program in their local ALLIANCE circuit as well as in inter-state tournaments. This opportunity to play may require team fundraising and will likely involve team travel. While travel is authorized for AYSO ALLIANCE teams, it is not required for the AYSO ALLIANCE program.
Operating guidelines and directives fall under the authority of the AYSO Area or Region ALLIANCE Director and are outlined below. However, AYSO cannot control or be responsible for external playing circuit rules, requirements or decisions.
Each AYSO ALLIANCE program will report directly to the Area or Region ALLIANCE Director; however, management of day-to-day operations will remain local. Each Area or Region ALLIANCE will operate independently from other ALLIANCE programs allowing adjustments to market needs, demographics, structural changes.
It is expected that each program operates under the guidance of the ALLIANCE Operating Procedures to establish and maintain an agreed level of AYSO programming standards and quality.
Any interested AYSO ALLIANCE program MUST:
- Be approved by the local Area Director and Section Director, including communication with AYSO Office who will assist in establishing the program in compliance with expected standards and expectations.
- Complete an AYSO ALLIANCE Application to request approval.
- Be based in geographical Areas where there are supporting Regions, sufficient field requirements, demand for club soccer and availability of a club gaming circuit.
- Agree to all standards/expectations to ensure quality programming and AYSO representation.
- Pay the ALLIANCE Team Fee as set by Section, Area, or Region (see financial section).
- This is a Region/Area/Section program and all teams from the same Region will wear the same color/style of uniform within that Area/Section and will bear the AYSO ALLIANCE logo on the chest. Uniform colors in the ALLIANCE program may differ from program to program.
- Apply for reapproval every three (3) years.
Activated AYSO ALLIANCE programs should formally participate in the AYSO ALLIANCE Orientation for development and program success.
Program Suspension or Termination
An Alliance program may be suspended with a majority vote of the Regional Board for a Regionally run program.
An Alliance program may be suspended/terminated by an Area or Section Director for cause. The term “cause” shall include, but not be limited to, failure to comply with the provisions set forth in the AYSO Alliance Program Operations documents and/or AYSO’s policies and procedures.
Upon approval to the ALLIANCE Program, the following position is required within the ALLIANCE organization. Other positions may include a treasurer and a registrar but are not required.
ALLIANCE Director/President (appointed by the Area Director or Regional Commissioner)
Area or Region ALLIANCE Director MAY be the President to the State Association but, may not be nor will be an Executive Member of AYSO – May report to a State Association president, if in high volume markets (Southern California, Northern California). In situations where there are multiple Areas/Regions within a Section and a state that are participating in the same State Association with an ALLIANCE program, the appropriate Section Director will appoint a President.
- Be the point-of-contact and President of AYSO ALLIANCE within the State USYS affiliate.
- The Section Director has the authority to remove an Alliance President from a program within their Section.
- Develop an ALLIANCE operating budget.
- Attend all Section and Area meetings within AYSO.
- Attend all /State Association meetings/other meetings.
- As required, review ALLIANCE Operating Procedures to provide feedback to Section Director.
- Work with Supporting Regions to promote ALLIANCE.
- Utilize the ALLIANCE logo on the team uniforms. Use of the National Uniform sponsor is preferred but not required.
- May be a voting member of the program at the State association in concert with any existing United program leadership.
The purpose of the AYSO ALLIANCE program is to:
- Promote AYSO’s Vision to provide world-class youth soccer programs that enrich children’s lives.
- Protect our primary program through completion of a true player pathway.
- Provide an opportunity for players who wish to commit and play at a more competitive level.
- Retain and regain players, volunteers, and families in AYSO.
- Expand the existing programs with additional opportunities for different levels of play, creating an industry leading long-term player development model.
- Development and promotion of players to AYSO United.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Consistent development programs.
- Age-appropriate implementation of the four pillars of soccer (technical, tactical, physical, and psychosocial).
- Competitive training and playing environment at all ages.
- Elimination of parental agendas from the development process.
- Application of appropriate year-round programs (indoor, futsal, camps, clinics, etc.).
The objective of the AYSO ALLIANCE program is to create the right environment for all levels of soccer, including the elite player, enabling each player to reach their own true potential.
Goals and Objectives will be accomplished by utilizing and respecting the AYSO philosophies:
Our goal is for kids and adults to play soccer, so we mandate that every player on every team must play at least 50 percent of every game.
Each year we form new teams as evenly balanced as possible¾because it is fair and more fun when teams of equal ability play.
- Each year we form new teams as evenly balanced as possible, providing a stronger learning experience for teams as they play teams comprised of similar ability. It also allows for each player to experience playing with a wide variety of teammates of different skill levels.
- A tryout-based program will balance teams by skill levels. Teams will be picked by the AYSO ALLIANCE Team Coaches. How the teams perform within the non-AYSO gaming circuit will be the only true form of balancing, i.e., divisional success based on participating with players of a similar level playing in the same division.
Our program is open to all children who want to register and play soccer. Interest and enthusiasm are the only criteria for playing.
- If you want to play soccer, AYSO welcomes you and gives all youth and adults the opportunity to register and play.
- Alliance is a tryout-based program and all eligible players (as defined below) will be given proper notice and opportunity to try out for an AYSO ALLIANCE team.
Encouragement of player effort provides for greater enjoyment by the players and ultimately leads to better-skilled and better-motivated players.
- A coach can be one of the most influential people in a player’s life, so AYSO requires they create a positive experience for every player in AYSO. Additionally, encouraging players’ effort leads to greater enjoyment, improved skills and stronger motivation in players.
We strive to create a positive environment based on mutual respect rather than a win-at-all-costs attitude, and our programs are designed to instill good sportsmanship in every facet of AYSO.
- AYSO ALLIANCE Coaches, Players, and Volunteers/Parents will be representing AYSO in a competitive venue; consequently, the program expects and will enforce a high standard of conduct and behaviors for all participants.
If multiple teams exist within an ALLIANCE for the same age/gender:
- There may be multiple teams in certain age groups and this may include “A/B/C” team formations, which could be labeled ALLIANCE Blue, Red or White. Each coach will pick the best team they can. How the teams perform and ultimately, the level at which they play, will depend on the talent of the players and the coaching they receive.
We believe that all players should be able to develop their soccer skills and knowledge to the best of their abilities, both individually and as members of a team, in order to maximize their enjoyment of the game.
- The AYSO ALLIANCE program gives players a chance to develop their soccer skills through competitive play under the direction of some of our most experienced and best-trained coaches. Players are given the platform to maximize their development and potential within AYSO.
PRIMARY PROGRAM GIVEBACK
It is understood that all volunteers (coaches, players and parents) participating in the ALLIANCE program are expected to contribute “back” to the local Primary Program. Suggestions include but are not limited to:
• Coach education and certification.
• Referee Program participation.
• Tournament support.
• EPIC program support.
• General volunteer support.
• Other areas if need as determined by the ALLIANCE program.
Specifics will be coordinated by the Area ALLIANCE Director in conjunction with participating Region(s).