AYSO’s National Bylaw 1.04 (n) and Standard Regional Policies and Protocols require a minimum of seven board positions:
Child Volunteer Protection Advocate (CVPA)
Regional Coach Administrator
Regional Referee Administrator
The Safety Director is one of the 7 required Regional Board positions as specified in the National Bylaws and Standard Regional Policies and Protocols. The Safety Director is to serve as the Region focal point for Safety Awareness and Insurance Information.
The primary responsibilities of the Safety Director include:
- Implementing a Regional Safety Plan which includes:
- First aid kits.
- Field and equipment inspections.
- Injury prevention.
- Procedures for environmental hazards.
- Acting as the focal point for Insurance Information and safety awareness.
- Ensuring compliance with AYSO Emergency Treatment Authorization, Incident and Concussion Reporting.
- Ensuring the availability of Soccer Accident Insurance brochures and claim forms.
- Being familiar with the SAI claim process.
Safety Director training requirements include:
- Safety Director Job Training
- AYSO’s Safe Haven
- CDC’s Concussion Awareness Training
Click here for the Safety Director Job Description.